Monday, February 2, 2015

Why Do I Use Young Living?

Until a few years ago, I didn't even know essential oils existed, or I had seen them or heard of them I clearly paid no attention. Then all the sudden they popped up and then they kept popping up and well, if you read yesterday's post you know the rest is history. I know why we love essential oils at The Well Oiled Family, but why exactly do we love YOUNG LIVING brand of oils??? 


The vast majority of essential oils on the market today are only suitable for cosmetics and perfumes.  The reason Young Living’s oils are so different is that they produce a therapeutic, or medicinal, grade oil.  These oils are a result of Young Living’s strict, detailed method for producing the oils to obtain the purest, ‘un-messed-with’ plant essences.  Young Living calls this their Seed to Seal process, where every step from planting to bottling is detailed and controlled. (taken from Young Living website)
 Oils that you see on the spice aisle in the grocery store or even oils that you can find at most health food stores or herb shops are not therapeutic grade. How many of us have been by that store in the mall where all the different smells pour out into the walk way? You glance in and there are thousands of bottles of oils or even incense burning. That kind of oil is a fragrance grade oil, and while I'm sure it's good to smell, it's just not the quality of Young Living Essential Oils. If the purpose of your essential oil use to make your house smell good, then those kinds of oils are just fine. If the purpose of your essential oil use to actually rid your home of unhealthy by -products in things like cleaner, air freshener, candles, etc., then you've landed in the right place. 

Young Living also has the Seed to Seal Process


In a nut shell, Young Living Essential Oils are 100% pure, unadulterated, potent, safe, and effective. The problem with other essential oils is they are extracted using high heat, high pressure, and solvents. This breaks down what makes the oil essential and you end up with a product that is just not as good, and sometimes very unsafe. These harsh processing methods destroy the therapeutic qualities of the oil.

There are currently no standards for labeling a bottle of essential oil. This lends itself to all kinds of tricky problems because a company can put !00% essential oil when in fact it only has 5% essential oil. The bottle can be labeled all-natural when in fact it has additives. Because there are no standards for essential oils, you have no way of knowing the quality of the oil!  Is it perfume or cosmetic grade?  Food grade?  Therapeutic grade?!  An inexpensive essential oil has more than likely been mass produced, with very little attention to the way it was processed.  In a cheap bottle of oil, the therapeutic compounds have been destroyed by heat, pressure, and/or chemical solvents.  Because no standards exist for essential oils, you have to know where your oils are coming from and how they were produced! I don't know about you, but I want to be able to trust what I'm bringing into my home and for my children. I trust the process that Young Living has in place to ensure quality. And I want to make sure that you trust what you are getting, too. 

This is a chart that has been floating around in the support page for the oily group I'm in. I can't say where it came from or that I know the person who claims to have done the calling. But I found this interesting and just something to throw in since I'm talking about why this is the brand of essential oils that I prefer to use. 



Before I end this post, I want to add something that my friend Susan at Granny Went Green posted. 
She shared this about candles (from The Keeper of the Home website) and since I talked about this last post, I thought it was appropriate to throw in here. It's a blog post that addresses some of the dangers in burning candles and of course one of the safer, healthier alternatives is to diffuse essential oils. 

Ya'll there are so many things I want to share about these oily goodies and so little time to do it in. I want everybody to be jumping up and down like me, and standing on their head (uh, not like me) to get their Young Living Membership Kit today and be just as in love as I am. I hope I can share something every night that makes what you are already using better, or makes you decide to experience this for yourself. 

Becoming part of the Young Living Family and joining The Well Oiled Family team has so many incentives. If you sign up as a new member with us this week, The Well Oiled Family will gift  you the following:
1. Your very own pocket reference book with all you need to know about every essential oil and what it's used for.
2. Information on how to turn your kit oils into an all natural first aid kit/medicine cabinet for your family.
3. Information on the VITA flex points so  you know exactly where to topically apply your essential oils.
4. An empty roller bottle to make your own.
5. Five empty veggie capsules to make your own allergy/flu/weight loss/cold/etc. capsules.
6. A free bottle of oil. (You choose from 5 or 6 different oils).
7. 1 oz of carrier oil (organic grapeseed oil)
8. Access to and support from a closed, private facebook run by leaders in the Young Living company.
9. Personal guidance and support from me. I will able available to help you get started once your kit arrives and provide on-going support as you learn the world of essential oils.

If you just aren't ready yet, that's ok! I'm excited you are here and learning. 





The Well Oiled Family invites you to get oily with them on Saturday, February 21st at 2:00. Mark your calendar as more information will be coming soon! If you can't attend in person, this oily event will also be held via the internet, so those that are away can be connected too! We are looking forward to it and hope you will make plans to attend!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment