Monday, February 23, 2015

A Tale of Thieves (Essential Oil)

Welcome back The Well Oiled Family! It's been a few days since I've posted to the blog, so I figured it was time. Tonight, I decided to share a story about Thieves. No, not a like thieves who break into your house and steal your stuff.....well kind of! 

I know we've all heard about the bubonic plague that pretty much wiped out the population of Asia of Europe. Not only was this plague, sometimes known as the Black Plague, taking the lives of everyone who caught it, but it hung around for some 1,000 years. That's a long time for an illness to be spreading around, killing off the population. During this time, there were people who robbed the dying and dead. They were finally caught and during the trial, they were offered leniency if they tell their secret that allowed them to be up close and personal with this plague, but keep from getting it. The thieves told of a special concoction of herbs - garlic, cloves, rosemary - among a few things. It is said that the story of the surviving thieves and their ability to fight of such a plague was study and Thieves Essential Oil Blend was born!



This little gem of a bottle does SO many things. I've shared that we have sensitivity to smells that come from chemicals in this house. It's so bad that I can't even enjoy clean sheets on the bed because of the smell of detergent and dryer sheets. It's so bad that if Sid uses the wet jet thingy to spot mop after the girls have eaten, I have to lock myself in the closed bedroom. It's so bad that my floor at school doesn't get mopped and I know when the bathroom across the hall gets cleaned so I can leave my door shut tight until the smell dies down. It's so bad that I if I sit by someone at a public event with strong perfume one, I have to move or end up with a bad headache. It's just BAD! 

So when I first started using Young Living Essential Oils, I was excited to get my hands on Thieves for the healing properties it supposedly had. Little did I know that those same properties that kill and fight off bad things in our bodies could also be used to replace harmful, smelly chemicals in products that have adverse affects with us. 

Today, my house was cleaned from top to bottom with nothing but Thieves cleaners. I had been using Thieves spray to spot clean here and there, but today started a new journey for us in our efforts to just have a healthier household. There is not doubt that this bottle of oil has saved a trip to the pediatrician for two of my sweethearts today, but I know that I know that I know that this.....


is right for our family. 

It doesn't take a whole lot of effort to get a bottle of Young Living Thieves Essential Oil and use it for a million things. Of course this is the part where I have to tell you I may be in school for the 3rd time, but I'm not a doctor. I can't diagnosis, treat, prescribe, or cure, but I can share what has been happening at The Well Oiled Family. 

Just a few ways that we use Thieves:
1. I don't buy the Thieves toothpaste, but I do put a drop on my toothbrush every morning. 

2. Tooth aches - the clove has a numbing property. This is great for teething or for someone who needs dental work done and is too chicken to have it done.

3. We carry the bottle of Thieves Spray and Thieves Hand Purifier with us at all times. They aren't very big bottles and a little goes a long way. The spray can be used to spray buggies, tables, toilets, as a quick air freshener, for sore throat spray, seats, door knobs, at the doctor's office - anywhere and any way you can think of. I'm not a big hand purifier person, don't keep it in my classroom or carry it with me usually, but I just happened upon using this one time and loved it. It's infused with not only Thieves to kill those germs, but peppermint too. It's light, non-alcohol, chemical free, and smells great!

4. Thieves wipes - using a roll of paper towels, alcohol, purified water, and a baggy or empty baby wipes container, you can make your own Thieves wipes. 

5. Of course immunity building and we ramp up the use when someone is getting sick. We apply it every day to help build immunity and multiple times a day and in the diffuser when someone is sick. 

6. Cleaner - You can either use the actual essential oils to make your own cleaner or you can buy the pre-made cleaner and and dilute it for what you want to use it for. 

7. Sore Throat - It's got a kick to it, but a drop of two in your mouth followed by a glass of water OR a drop of two in a glass of water to drink helps to soothe a sore throat. 

And if those weren't enough reasons, take a look at this!


Maybe just the cleaning uses interest you.


And so much more! So so so much more!!!! If this is not enough to convince you, this PDF has some great ideas. There is even a 16-page reference guide you can download and read. 

This little bottle of Young Living Thieves Essential Oil is just AH-MA-ZINGGGG!!! And if you aren't using it, you are missing out. But don't take my word for it! Try it out for yourself.  


In the above picture, it's a not so little bottle because that is the large household cleaner. Obviously there is a difference in the two, but the one thing that remains the same is this....

If this blend of essential oils is what kept the thieves from catching the bubonic plague, then certainly it is good enough to help your family on the way to building healthy and chemical free. 

Happy Oiling from The Well Oiled Family!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment