Sunday, February 1, 2015

A New Journey-A Well Oiled Life

Hello! Thanks for stopping by this little love of mine. I assume since you are here that you want to know more about essential oils and how to get started using them, or you might already use them and just want to learn more about them. At The Well Oiled Life,  you will find a mixture of things. Mostly, you will find a family on a journey to make their home and their health better by using natural products such as Young Living Essential Oils and other natural products. 


I'm sure you have heard about these small bottles of goodness before. If you are like me,  you heard, you said "hmm", and you moved on. Then you heard again and this time you said "hmmmmm", but you still moved on. Well, that's what I did for two straight years. I "hmmmed" and I "ahhhhed" and I "man I wish I had some of that stuff" every now and then. But for the most part, I just couldn't buy in to something that seemed so costly when I had no idea if it would work or not. I asked for a few samples that I never got, and now I'm glad I didn't get them because I honestly believe a sample will make you think they don't work. The samples aren't very big and it's hard to get the full effect without a diffuser. So exactly how did I decide to take the plunge into the oil vat?

I was part of a facebook group for an oil team that shared all kinds of goodness and really made you feel like you were using the oils even when you weren't. One day, the girl posted something about an oil that treated a skin condition that my oldest daughter had been diagnosed with by her pediatrician. The skin condition was viral and we were told there were no treatments, it would have to run it's course - the course could take a year. The virus caused little raised bumps all along one side of her trunk and arm. It didn't bother her and she never complained, but she was becoming more self-conscience of them. I saw this post with research attached to it, came home, order the premium starter kit and the oil that I needed to treat my daughter's bumps, and sat back and waited. 

This one tiny 5ml bottle of Young Living Essential Oil called Lemon Myrtle was going to be our answer to a problem we had dealt with since at least last summer. It finally arrived. The first thing I did was open the bottle and dab a few drops on her arm and side where the bumps were. MISTAKE!!!! It burned her so bad, and I learned right then and there what was meant by hot oil. I knew enough to rub her down with carrier oil to cut the essential oil (more on this later). The next night, I decide to mix up a small cup already diluted with carrier oil so we could just apply as we thought about it. We had no rhyme or reason to our applications. Sometimes we did it as she as getting ready for school. Sometimes we did it as she was getting ready for bed. Sometimes both. Within days, not even a week, but just days, those bumps starting swelling up, popping, and going away. She has about three on her right now that we are treating but for the most part, she is clear. Is the virus still in her system? I really don't know. I assume other bumps could pop up, but we haven't had another outbreak. And that, my oily friends, was my first
ah-ha moment with these oils.  


The second biggest Young Living Essential Oils to find it's way into my heart is called Pan Away. Oh Pan Away, how do I love thee - let me count the ways!!! Long story, short I have a damaged nerve in my face from sinus surgery. It feels like someone is jabbing an ice pick through my nose out my ear. There is not much that can be done way of relief except medications that target the nerve. I am not able to adjust to these medication so I just tolerate it, but sometimes that's a hard thing to do. Pan Away is used to rub on sites that are hurting or aching. I'm not sure its even supposed to be applied like I did it, but I thought if it would work on ear pain, or back pain, or foot pain, why wouldn't it work on my ear/nerve pain. One little drop of this oil spread around the outside of my ear (never put oils inside your ear) has been a true miracle. I couldn't believe it, thought it was a fluke, but nope! The next time I had a flair up, sure enough, PanAway to the rescue. I won't be caught without it ever again. 

I could go on and on and OOOONNNN about what Young Living Essential Oils have done for our family from minor cuts and scrapes, to cleaning, to stress, to massaging a sore knee that has pins and plates in it, to sleep, to cough cough aids, to weight loss, to sinus pain and pressure, to migraines, to tummy aches, to you name it! The possibilities are endless. 

I used to think, all those years I was drooling over everyone else's essential oils, that the cost of these oils was not worth it. How would I know if it worked, what would I do with them, and the biggest of all-what if the smell bothered me. You see, along with this damaged nerve in my sinuses is a strong sense of smell. We can only use a certain home cleaner, no perfumes or colognes, no candles, no air freshener, none of those cute little wax packages that are so popular right now. Sometimes, even my freshly laundered linens were too strong. SO i just knew there would be no way I could tolerate something that was marketed directly to the sense of smell. The last of my ah-ha moments. Some of the oils flat out stink, and there are one or two I've come in contact with that I cannot tolerate, but ya'll, the difference in a natural smell vs. a synthetic smell (essential oil vs. candle or cleaner) is amazing. I now have a product that I can diffuse and make my house smell good that doesn't send me to bed for the rest of the day. I now have cleaner that can be used without having intense pain. 

I'll be sharing more about our oily journey, but I wanted to take the first post and share what got us hooked here at The Well Oiled Family. There are many more stories like these that we have. 


And many more successes we have had in using our Young Living Essential Oils. I invite you visit The Well Oiled Family often for hopefully some good information to help you on your way. You can also connect with us on Facebook at The Well Oiled Family. There is a giveaway going on there. 

Check back tomorrow for a post on what comes with your starter kit and how to get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment