Thursday, February 5, 2015

There's A New Kid In Town

Don't tell Sid, but there is a brand new relationship on the horizon. A relationship that is bound to change the course of my "tired, achy, worn out, I can't put another foot forward or do one more thing today or my feet will fall off (or my back will break or my knees are going to give out)" self.  The new kid in town makes me feel like a brand new woman. Relaxes me and sometimes I just can't get over how good it really is.



Ya'll if there ever was an essential oil that you were going Deep Relief is it!  This essential oil blend from Young Living Essential Oils is the AH-MA-ZING!!!! It is a blend of several things that help combat fatigued muscles and relaxes stressed body parts, it comes in a 10 ML bottle already mixed with coconut oil as a carrier oil, and a roller top so  you can just roll it right on. I didn't know relief for a mom of a 6 year old, 3 year old twins, who works full time, and is in several upper level graduate classes, could be pour into a roll on bottle of goodness, but here it is. I can't decide if it feels like I am using an ice pack or a heating pad, but it's simply glorious.



Speaking of placing an order, this came to me last night as I was having a conversation with someone.

Whenever I place an order with Young Living Essential Oils, I wear the "track your package" button slam out. I just cannot wait for my order to get  here. Boy, when it does, the whole family goes nuts. It's like we expect to find Santa Clause in there or something.

But the truth is, Santa Clause is not in the box, nor is anything magical like Ole Cringle. And that is where I believe many people go astray in using their Young Living Essential Oils. They purchase a starter kit, diffuse a few things out of it, and then for whatever reason it goes on a shelf or in a cabinet where it spends the rest of its days.

Young Living Essential Oils are good - very good, in fact, but they are not magic. Nothing is going to jump out of the box and solve all of your problems. You know how you go to the doctor and he/she determines what is wrong and then gives you some medicine for it? Well, even though I'm not a doctor and Young Living Essential Oils are not meant to replace your medical care or treatment, they are much the same way. One oil can sometimes be used for as many as ten things. You have to find what works for you and because our bodies metabolize the essential oil, they have to be reapplied often (if you are applying them topically). If you don't think you know how to use your kit, ask someone. I'm always happy to talk about oils. Start off easy with a few drops of lavender at night to relax and help you sleep. Try a drop of Joy with a drop of Citrus Fresh in the morning. Lemon, Lavender, Peppermint is a great combo for a stuffy head. Whatever you do, don't be disappointed if you open a bottle, apply a drop of oil or diffuse a drop of oil and you feel like nothing happened. Young Living didn't send you 11 bottles of essential oils with 80-100 drops each for nothing.  They sent you botttles of oily goodness so you could actually continue to use the oils in an effort to be a healthier you!!  Have fun with it!!

And while you are having fun, don't forget to come have some oily fun with The Well Oiled Family on February 21st @ 2:00. Also, stayed tuned this weekend to The Well Oiled Family facebook page for the winners of the giveaway.

No comments:

Post a Comment